Sibling rivalry is a type of competition or animosity among siblings, whether blood related or not. Siblings generally spend more time together during childhood than they do with parents. The sibling bond is often complicated and is influenced by factors such as parental treatment, birth order, personality, and people and experiences outside the family. Sibling rivalry is particularly intense when children are very close in age and of the same gender, or where one child is intellectually gifted…. Wikipedia
Mom and Dad are talking about getting a little brother or sister for me. This sounds like a mostly good idea, but as with most things…. I also have my concerns.
- I’m not sure I’d like to share my toys – maybe Mom would buy him his own.
- But, what if his toys are better than mine?
- I might not like him and then we’d be stuck together forever.
- There’s only room for one dog on Mom’s lap… sort of.
- It would be excellent to have another one of my tribe to play with all day, any day.
- I absolutely love sleeping in a dog pile.
- We could race and see who is fastest… probably me.
- We could bark and see who is loudest… probably me.
- We could wrestle and see who is strongest… probably me.
I guess I’ll just have to wait and see what happens, but I think I’m warming to the concept.